Monday, November 15, 2010

There's No Place Like Home...Seriously!

Hello everyone. What a chaotic week it has been! My car broke down last week, and I stayed with one of my friends, so that I could get to and from work. I have no complaints because I am greatly thankful no doubt! However, I will say I am glad to be home.

So, I live with my mother, but we are more so like roommates. I come home, and she may or may not be here. Even if she is, I tend to do my own thing, and she does the same. So, after living with 2 people in  a decent size house for years, you get used to certain surroundings you know? So, my friend has a 9 month old precious daughter, her two younger brothers, her mom, dad, and let's not forget the animals. It was like culture shock.

There's a huge difference from living with someone and hanging out. I clearly see the defining line. I was only there for 4 days, and I just don't know how she does it. I don't want to be negative, I've said that already, but I don't, because once again I'm grateful, and if she reads this, I'm just not tryna hurt feelings. But by my fourth day I was irritated, I needed quite time. I never craved to be alone than on that day. Everything bothered me. I don't watch much TV but my show came on one night, and with all the racket I couldn't tell you what happened. I didn't bother to even do homework while I was there, bc I knew I would be frustrated, and now I'm behind. No ones fault but my own. What else?!?! I got sick. I'm not sure if it was because I'm not used to animals in a house, or if it was because one of her little brothers was sick, whatever it was, I just uhhh im just glad I'm home.

I learned a valuable lesson, NEVER wish for someone else's life. What I mean is be grateful for what you have. I guess i took simple things for granted, like peace and quite, Internet, and so much more. Staying with my friend has made me appreciate my mom, for her helping me out, for providing me with a stable environment. Once again.. there's no place like home.

2 comments:

  1. I know all too well how you feel. I feel the exact same way about staying in other peoples homes even when it's family. Well if it's my close family then it's cool cuz I make myself at home lol but when it's the aunts or uncles or other family members that you don't or can't make yourself at home with it tends to be uncomfortable.

    BTW...I love the song that's playing (If you leave...by Musiq)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl thats my jam :)

    Some of your family are complete strangers, and if your not comfortable, its the same as staying with a friend. I learned my lesson. Im thankful...but I love this place I reside in!

    ReplyDelete